Friday, October 22, 2010

After A Long Break

Like many other ladies I have discovered FaceBook. It is such a nice way to stay in touch with family and friends. For posting pictures and some conversations however, I find a blog much more satisfying. The other thing that I have discovered is that I cannot limit my interests to just the 18th and 19th centuries. It is my hope that from time to time you are able to stop in and say hello, to enjoy a quiet moment, and thank our Heavenly Father for the day He has given us. The quilt you see here is done from a pattern that I came across on line several years ago. It is called the "Crossways Quilt." If you do a search you may still find it available. The only request the creator asked at the time was to post a picture for her to see when your quilt was done. Each block is of a cross and has a special meaning with historical explanations. I followed her colors as closely as I could because they were so bold and beautiful. I have seen several interpretations of this quilt and all of them have been beautiful.

No comments: